Mobile Ready Sites & Websites

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Women In Business-Dapper House Designs

Women In Business-Introducing Dapper House Designs

Introduce Yourself

My name is is Maria Lorena Rife, proud wife to an amazing husband and new momma to beautiful baby boy. Last year, after many years of working in the finance world, I decided to leave my full-time job to be able to stay home with my baby boy. With the support and encouragement of my husband, after I settled into mom life, I began the "Dapper House Design Blog." Home decor and design have always been my true passion. I can get lost for hours (if the baby sleeps through the night!) looking at beautiful decor inspiration and adapting those ideas into our own house.

Tell us about your business.

I believe that making your house into a home shouldn't be a stressful, expensive process but exciting and most of all fun! It isn't about the size or location, of your home but about being able to create a space that is yours, that fits your budget without sacrificing style. My hope is that my blog inspires people to think outside the box when decorating their space.

How long have you been an entrepreneur and what inspired you to start your business?

I began my blog about a year ago, just after my son was born. I have always had an interest in home decor and design and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take the leap into starting my own business. The flexibility of setting my own hours, creating content that I truly love and working for myself inspired me to create "Dapper House Designs."

What are some obstacles you have faced along the way?

Before starting my blog, my job was in the finance field which allowed for little opportunity to express my creativity. I quickly had to learn not only the technical aspects of creating a blog but also how to market and monetize my content. That along with balancing my time between creating content and caring for a newborn baby is at times challenging. A good family support has helped a lot in this aspect.

What are some things that helped you to succeed?

My drive and passion for sharing ideas to inspire others to create their own dream homes. The support and encouragement of my husband and family have also been a great help to my endeavor.

How has being an entrepreneur changed your outlook in your business life?

Being an entrepreneur has challenged me in so many ways. It has not only pushed me to learn things about myself but also about may other aspects of the business world. I have to wear many hats managing my blog: photographer, marketer, content creator, website developer just to name a few. Each of these areas was new to me before I started blogging and I have learned so much this past year and I know that I will continue to learn as my business grows!


What advice would you share to any female entrepreneur about starting her own business?

Don't second guess yourself and learn to trust your instincts. Stay true to your brand and your followers-if you are doing something different than others in your field, don't change your ways be unique! Share your passion and it will be seen through your work.




Where can we reach your products or services?


Visit My Website



If you are a female entrepreneur learn how we can feature your business on our blogs and our social media sites. We are happy to join forces to get the word out there about your business, talk about your struggles and triumph just like Maria and her new born son,  her adjustment to her new situation. We are happy to share her inspiring story, to help other women (new mom's) that anything is possible with the support of your family.

Congratulations to the Rife Family,









Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment